Courthouse News — The California Coastal Commission hired its acting executive director Jack Ainsworth, a Cal State San Bernardino graduate, as its full-time leader, to succeed the popular Charles Lester, whom the commission fired a year ago. Ainsworth has worked for the Coastal Commission for 29 years, as an analyst, senior deputy director, and acting executive director since February 2016.
Ainsworth received his B.A. in geography and environmental studies from CSUSB in 1981 and a master’s in geography from University of California Riverside in 1986. He will lead a staff of 156 people at six offices, from Arcata to San Diego.
The article was published Feb. 14, 2017.
Read the complete article at “California Coastal Commission hires new director.”
- CSUSB students empowering dreamers through art and journalism
- ‘Dam-burst of creativity’ showcased at Garcia Center for the Arts, CSUSB professor says
- CSUSB Center for Global Management gives presentations at IE World Trade Conference
- Narrow counter-terrorism approach may ignore other threats, CSUSB professor says
- CSUSB professor discusses public safety measures at SoCal venues