Courthouse News — The California Coastal Commission hired its acting executive director Jack Ainsworth, a Cal State San Bernardino graduate, as its full-time leader, to succeed the popular Charles Lester, whom the commission fired a year ago. Ainsworth has worked for the Coastal Commission for 29 years, as an analyst, senior deputy director, and acting executive director since February 2016.
Ainsworth received his B.A. in geography and environmental studies from CSUSB in 1981 and a master’s in geography from University of California Riverside in 1986. He will lead a staff of 156 people at six offices, from Arcata to San Diego.
The article was published Feb. 14, 2017.
Read the complete article at “California Coastal Commission hires new director.”
- Frank and Eloise Reyes are LEAD VIII Summit honorary chairs
- Coyote Advertising and CSUSB students take home 41 ‘ADDYs’ for advertising creativity
- Educational opportunities for Latinos focus of LEAD VIII Summit at CSUSB March 30
- History of an English sailor and Rancho Muscupiabe topic of CSUSB College of Extended Learning course
- CSUSB softball news, March 27