Courthouse News — The California Coastal Commission hired its acting executive director Jack Ainsworth, a Cal State San Bernardino graduate, as its full-time leader, to succeed the popular Charles Lester, whom the commission fired a year ago. Ainsworth has worked for the Coastal Commission for 29 years, as an analyst, senior deputy director, and acting executive director since February 2016.
Ainsworth received his B.A. in geography and environmental studies from CSUSB in 1981 and a master’s in geography from University of California Riverside in 1986. He will lead a staff of 156 people at six offices, from Arcata to San Diego.
The article was published Feb. 14, 2017.
Read the complete article at “California Coastal Commission hires new director.”
- Pioneer Breakfast celebrates contributions of CSUSB alumni, faculty, staff, students and community members
- CSUSB Palm Desert Campus announces University Legacy Scholarship recipients
- Several CSUSB students will hold volunteer cleanup at Miller Park in Fontana on Feb. 25
- CSUSB LEAD team earns presidential honors for fifth time
- CSUSB finance professor’s expertise sought on topic of credit cards