CSUSB Graduation Photo Contest – Instagram
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST.
A purchase will not improve chances of winning.
You have not yet won.
OPEN TOCURRENTLY ENROLLED OR GRADUATING CSUSB STUDENTS; WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AS OF THE DATE OF ENTRY
By entering this promotion, Entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules of California State University, San Bernardino (“CSUSB” or “Sponsor”). Any violation of these rules may result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this promotion are final and binding in all respects.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD. Promotion begins at 8 a.m. PT on Monday, May 21, 2012, and ends at 10 p.m. PT on Sunday, June 17, 2012, when all entries must be received (“Promotion Period”). The promotion period includes cultural graduation ceremonies, CSUSB Palm Desert Campus graduation ceremonies, and the main Cal State San Bernardino campus graduation ceremonies.
2. ELIGIBILITY. This contest (the “promotion”) is open only to currently enrolled or graduating students of California State University, San Bernardino, and who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry (“Entrant”). Entrants may not be officers, directors, members and employees of the Sponsor, the judging organization (if applicable), or any other party associated with the development or administration of this promotion and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals. This promotion is void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, and where prohibited.
3. HOW TO ENTER. Entrants will be asked to participate in taking a graduation-themed photo and posting it through their own personal Instagram account with the specific combination of hashtags. Photos must be taken in a public place (CSUSB is a public place) or with the written consent of the subject of the photo. The hashtags to be used are: #csusbgrad, #june2012, and #csusb. All hashtags must be applied to each photo and the Entrant must follow CSUSB on Instagram to be considered for judging.
4. WINNER SELECTIONS AND NOTIFICATION. All entries will be judged on or about Wednesday, June 20, 2012 (the “Judging Date”) by a panel of judges comprised of California State University, San Bernardino Office of Public Affairs Staff personnel. The judges will score entries based on the following criteria:
Entries will be judged for creativity, uniqueness and overall quality. Entries must be in compliance with university standards and policies (http://policies.csusb.edu/default.htm) and tagged with the appropriate hashtags. The hashtags to be used are: #csusbgrad, #june2012, and #csusb, and all hashtags must be applied to each entry in order to be considered for judgment. The Entrant must also follow @CSUSB on Instagram to be considered for judgment. Entries must have been taken at cultural graduation ceremonies, the CSUSB Palm Desert Campus graduation ceremony, and/or the California State University, San Bernardino campus graduation ceremonies. One student will be declared the winner. The editorial team will make all final judgments. In the event of irregularities and/or fraud with a finalist photo, the Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify that finalist photo.
Any finalist will be notified through the Instagram account used by the Entrant to submit the photo.In order to be notified, the Entrant must follow @CSUSB on Instagram. After receiving notification, the Entrant must e-mail the office of Public Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org using his or her CSUSB student e-mail account. The Entrant must also include his or her full name and Instagram user name in order to claim the prize.
If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within three (3) business days from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her, and/or the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the promotion or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the promotion, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, such individual will be declared the “winner” of the promotion.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTION. There will be three (3) winners. The (1) Grand prize winner will receive one (1) 8 Gigabyte Apple iPod Nano, approximate retail value; $140. The (1) second place prize winner will receive one (1) Coyote Bookstore gift basket, approximate retail value; $125. The (1) third place prize winner will receive one (1) CSUSB Alumni Grad Pack, approximate retail value; $35. The total approximate retail value of all prizes is $300.00. In addition, the entered photos may be featured on the CSUSB homepage and/or through CSUSB’s Facebook page, at CSUSB’s sole discretion.
6. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
7. OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE. All entry materials become the property of the Sponsor. Receipt of entry materials will not be acknowledged and entry materials will not be returned. The copyright in any submission shall remain the property of the Entrant, but entry into this promotion constitutes Entrant’s irrevocable and permission, license and consent, without further compensation or attribution, to use such submission for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor, in any and all media now in existence or hereinafter created, throughout the world, for the duration of the copyright in the submission. Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, and modify the submission.
8. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by the Sponsor, in which case a prize of equal or lesser value will be substituted.
9. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering the promotion, each Entrant releases and discharges the Sponsor, judging organization (if applicable), and any other party associated with the development or administration of this promotion, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “Sponsor entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this promotion, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction or property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “claims”). Except where prohibited: (i) acceptance of a prize constitutes the consent of any winner, without further compensation, to use the name and likeness of such winner and his/her submission for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the Sponsor entities of any and all claims in connection with the administration of this promotion and the use, misuse, or possession of his/her submission or any prize; and (iii) any potential winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity/copyright release;. Affidavits and releases must be returned within ten (10) days from the date that the Sponsor first tries to notify the potential winner.
10. DISCLAIMERS. (i) Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at Sponsor’s servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible. In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process. (iii) Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the promotion if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) Sponsor entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this promotion, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may modify or cancel this promotion based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules shall be governed by the laws of the state of California. All disputes arising out of or connected with this promotion will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state court located in San Bernardino, California. All judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this promotion and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
12. WINNER LIST. The winning entry will be announced on the CSUSB News site on or about Saturday, June 30.
13. SPONSORSHIP. This promotion is Sponsored by California State University, San Bernardino, 5500 University Parkway, San Bernardino, CA 92407 (individually and collectively, the “Sponsor”). Instagram and Apple are not Sponsors of, or in any way affiliated with, this promotion.