IECN.com — The weekly newspaper examined the issue of domestic violence in the aftermath of the April 10 North Park Elementary School tragedy, and featured Option House in San Bernardino as one service helping to combat the problem.
The newspaper noted that students in Cal State San Bernardino’s School of Social Work are among those who assist at the agency as a way to gain experience.
Founded in 1977, Option House has helped thousands of victims of domestic violence through its emergency shelter, counseling services, and crisis intervention. They have satellite locations at the San Bernardino County Family Courthouse in Downtown San Bernardino and at the Family Resource Center in Rancho Cucamonga.
The article was published April 19, 2017.
Read the complete article at “North Park shooting ignites conversation around domestic violence.”
- Why 30 Cal State San Bernardino students are heading to Mexico
- NAFTA topic of June 22 presentation by retired Ambassador Shaun Donnelly
- Prosecuting hate crimes not as simple as it may seem, CSUSB professor says
- CSUSB professor likens cumulative extremism to a ‘perverted comic book’
- NFL star Kenny Clark to host free Play 60 Day for Inland Empire youth at CSUSB