IECN.com — The weekly newspaper examined the issue of domestic violence in the aftermath of the April 10 North Park Elementary School tragedy, and featured Option House in San Bernardino as one service helping to combat the problem.
The newspaper noted that students in Cal State San Bernardino’s School of Social Work are among those who assist at the agency as a way to gain experience.
Founded in 1977, Option House has helped thousands of victims of domestic violence through its emergency shelter, counseling services, and crisis intervention. They have satellite locations at the San Bernardino County Family Courthouse in Downtown San Bernardino and at the Family Resource Center in Rancho Cucamonga.
The article was published April 19, 2017.
Read the complete article at “North Park shooting ignites conversation around domestic violence.”
- CSUSB students empowering dreamers through art and journalism
- ‘Dam-burst of creativity’ showcased at Garcia Center for the Arts, CSUSB professor says
- CSUSB Center for Global Management gives presentations at IE World Trade Conference
- Narrow counter-terrorism approach may ignore other threats, CSUSB professor says
- CSUSB professor discusses public safety measures at SoCal venues