Local social entrepreneurs who use innovative approaches to solving pressing social issues will talk about their experiences in the inland region during a special brunch on Friday, April 21, at the Jack H. Brown College of Business and Public Administration at Cal State San Bernardino.
“Meet the Social Entrepreneurs” will take place 9-11 a.m. in room 287 of the Brown College and will feature a panel discussion, question-and-answer segment and networking with the social entrepreneurs.
The brunch, which features an menu of hors d’ oeuvres, is free and open to all CSUSB students, faculty, staff and alumni, is sponsored by Brown College and its Inland Empire Center for Entrepreneurship. Off campus visitors will need a $6 parking pass.
The featured guests are: Tim Evans, The Unforgettables Foundation; Kara Lubin, 100 Mile Club; John Neiber, Trinity Youth Services; and Cesar Navarrete, CASA of San Bernardino County.
Attendees will be able to meet and learn from these local change makers – entrepreneurs in the nonprofit sector who are using innovative approaches to solving pressing social issues in our community. Attendees will also be able to learn more about what social entrepreneurship is, how the social entrepreneurs started their organizations, and what challenges they face implementing innovation for-profit business practices in the nonprofit sector.
For more information, visit the CSUSB Inland Empire Center for Entrepreneurship website.
For more information on Cal State San Bernardino, contact the university’s Office of Strategic Communication at (909) 537-5007 and visit the CSUSB news site.
- Cal State San Bernardino to get $55 million building
- CSUSB biology professor enlisted as anatomical consultant for video game ‘Horizon: Zero Dawn’
- Faculty in the News: Making video game robots like living creatures, and trying to make sense of the Fresno shooting
- University part of effort for second annual San Bernardino Art Night this weekend
- CSUSB School of Social Work students, among others, assist at San Bernardino’s Option House