Claremont Courier — Ward McAfee, a retired professor of history at Cal State San Bernardino, gave a talk, “American Presidential Politics and the Two-Party System,” at the Democratic Club of Claremont’s monthly meeting on March 28. McAfee spent his career teaching American history at California State University, San Bernardino, with political history as his primary focus.
McAfee noted that although our current political era is certainly strained, so were the 1790s, the 1850s and the 1930s. While no expert on Donald Trump, he promised to “not ignore the elephant in the room.”
The article was published March 29, 2016.
Read the complete article at “Talk delves into the presidential election, two-party system.”
- Black Radical Women: This Spring, Several Group Shows Bring Together Works by African American Female Artists
- Higher Education Study highlights hunger and homelessness among students
- Criminologist: Hate Crimes Could Be on Rise for Second Consecutive Year
- CSUSB softball team splits a doubleheader with Chico State
- CSUSB baseball news, March 26