Claremont Courier — Ward McAfee, a retired professor of history at Cal State San Bernardino, gave a talk, “American Presidential Politics and the Two-Party System,” at the Democratic Club of Claremont’s monthly meeting on March 28. McAfee spent his career teaching American history at California State University, San Bernardino, with political history as his primary focus.
McAfee noted that although our current political era is certainly strained, so were the 1790s, the 1850s and the 1930s. While no expert on Donald Trump, he promised to “not ignore the elephant in the room.”
The article was published March 29, 2016.
Read the complete article at “Talk delves into the presidential election, two-party system.”
- CSUSB students empowering dreamers through art and journalism
- ‘Dam-burst of creativity’ showcased at Garcia Center for the Arts, CSUSB professor says
- CSUSB Center for Global Management gives presentations at IE World Trade Conference
- Narrow counter-terrorism approach may ignore other threats, CSUSB professor says
- CSUSB professor discusses public safety measures at SoCal venues