Five Cal State San Bernardino faculty members will be honored for creating on-line courses during the seventh annual Outstanding Originator of Distributed Learning Award Reception today Thursday, May 2, on campus.
The award ceremony and faculty presentation will take place at the university’s Robert and Frances V. Fullerton Museum of Art from 3-5 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. Parking on campus is $5.
The event is sponsored by the university’s office of Online and Distributed Learning. The winners will not only accept their awards, but also present their courses and approach to online instruction to those in attendance.
Faculty, instructors and friends of distance education are invited to attend the event.
The 2013 honorees are:
- College of Arts and Letters – Ellen Gil Gomez;
- College of Business and Public Administration – Ghulam Sarwar;
- College of Education and College of Extended Learning – Stephen Burns;
- College of Natural Sciences and the Palm Desert Campus – Marilyn Smith-Stoner; and
- College of Social and Behavioral Sciences – Rachel Allinson-Strydom.
For more information, contact Takiya Moore at (909) 537-3647 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Cal State San Bernardino, contact the university’s Office of Public Affairs at (909) 537-5007 and visit news.csusb.edu.