Junior Trinidee Trice, who led the Coyotes with consecutive double-doubles this past weekend, was named the California Collegiate Athletic Association women’s basketball Player of the Week, the conference office announced Monday, Jan. 14.
Trice scored 13 points with 10 rebounds in Friday’s 66-42 victory over the Cal State Stanislaus Warriors, and then backed it up with 22 points and 12 rebounds in a 69-62 loss to No. 9 Chico State on Saturday.
She had five assists against CSUS and averaged 2 1/2 steals in 33 minutes per game.
Trice averages 11.4 points and 4.2 rebounds a game in 10 games this season.
The Coyotes (6-6 overall and 4-4 CCAA) are on the road this week as they take on Cal State East Bay on Friday and Cal State Monterey Bay on Saturday.
Both games can be heard on-line at www.csusbathletics.com with Mitch McClelland on the play-by-play and Brett Malak providing color commentary.
2012-13 Wilson/CCAA Women’s Basketball Players of the Week
- Nov. 12 – 18: Lauren Godde (Cal State Stanislaus)
- Nov. 19 – 25: Taylor Vigil (Sonoma State)
- Nov. 26 – Dec. 2: Daisy Feder (UC San Diego)
- Dec. 3 – 9: Courtney Hamilton (Chico State)
- Dec. 10 – 16: Tessondra Williams (Cal State L.A.)
- Dec. 31 – Jan. 6: J.J. Judge (Cal Poly Pomona)
- Jan. 7 – 14: Trinidee Trice (Coyotes)
Keep up with the latest sports news at Coyote Athletics.