CSUSB will play host to the UCLA football team Aug. 4-16 as the Bruins will conduct their pre-season training camp off-campus this year.
The squad, under first-year head coach Jim Mora, will begin workouts Saturday, Aug. 4, on CSUSB’s athletic fields located on the east side of the campus.
The Bruins will remain at CSUSB through Aug. 16 with the practice sessions open to the public. A full schedule of practice times is listed below.
UCLA opens the 2012 season at Rice on Aug. 30.
The practice schedule is as follows:
- Saturday, Aug. 4 – 2:45 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 5 – 2:45 p.m.
- Monday, Aug. 6 – 2:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 7 – 2:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 8 – 2:45 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 9 – 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 10 – no practice
- Saturday, Aug. 11 – 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, Aug, 12 – 10:45 a.m.
- Monday, Aug. 13 – 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 14 – 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 15 – 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 16 – 8:30 a.m. (team returns to campus following this practice)
Note — Practice sessions last approximately two hours
Directions to CSUSB (there is a $5 parking fee):
- From I-215 North
- Exit University Parkway (turn right)
- Proceed along University Parkway and turn right on Northpark Blvd.
- Turn left at Coyote Drive
Fans should park in Lots G and H. (The practice fields will be to the right of Lot G). Yellow parking kiosks are located throughout the lots to purchase parking passes.